Does this one fabric remind you of Tony the Tiger and Alex from Madagascar? Anybody? Bueller?
The top 2 pics are the front and back of an applique quilt done by a member's friend, Barb. *swoon* Member @nanacherylhayes made the two lower pics. Loving that mini with the @rileyblakedesigns border! Plus she made a darling smaller version of the @themqg March 2016 pattern City Lights by @playcrafts Great work!
Congratulations to all of the members who have won in the spring quilt shows! We are so proud to have such accomplished members!
For the favorite gadget portion of the meeting, there were alot of "AHA" moments when a member described their favorite tool and others agreed that they needed one of those. There were also several instances where members didn't know exactly what to call their tool, but announced it was their favorite and they couldn't live without it! :) The Purple Thang, a Hera Marker, a needle threader, a seam ripper, a binding tool, a chalk marking tool, a cup holder that clamps to the table and specific rulers were among the tools mentioned. (The links for each item are not affiliate links or even the least expensive option if you are considering buying these items. They are just the first one that had a decent picture that could be found.) If your favorite gadget isn't listed, leave a message in the comments and it will be added!
Things to remember:
- The Paint Chip Challenge mini quilts are due at the June meeting!
- If you want to sign up for the PA MQG mini swap with the Capital Area MQG, Friday (05/20) afternoon is your last chance!
- The Bridge Quilt is hanging at Spool for the next few weeks. We were featured again on the MQG Facebook and Instagram accounts, too!
- There wasn't alot of interest in the Fat Quarter Club, so we will review it for the new members in June and decided if we want to continue it or take a break for a bit.
- If you took fabric to complete a charity block, please bring it to the June meeting.
All in all, it looked like a really relaxing day, full of proud moments as progress was made on all kinds of WIPs. Thanks to everyone who helped to set up and break down! Your help was greatly appreciated!