Thanks to all PMQG members who attended the August Quilting Retreat! 12+ hours of piecing, sewing, quilting, collaborating and enjoying the company of quilting friends – it was a lot of fun!
The September meeting is our starting point for organizing and beginning to piece together blocks for our Outreach Quilt.
Coinciding with our guild’s collaboration, the Modern Quilt Guild has also issued a “QuiltCon Charity Quilt Challenge”. Hmmmmm . . . this presents a great opportunity for the PMQG to collaborate on a bigger scale! So, should we try it – two challenge quilts?
Here are the details:
1. Color palette for QuiltCon:
2. Color palette for PMQG (all referenced to Kona Solids - you don't have to use Kona though!):
3. We will use our September, October and November meetings to collaborate, design and sew our quilts.
4. One quilt will go to QuiltCon and one will be auctioned off at The Pittsburgh Project.
Take time to read the Modern Quilt Guild’s posting for more details. There have been a few posts about alternate gridwork and where to get bundles of the colors for the quilt if you don't already have them in your stash.
For the September meeting, attendees should plan on bringing the following:
- fabric that fits the color palette(s) provided – solids AND prints
- ideas for quilt design(s)
We will discuss the challenges as a Guild at the September meeting. Looking forward to seeing you all!