June is rapidly approaching (where did the Spring go?!) and we are looking forward to seeing everybody for the next meeting on Sunday, June 7th at 1:00pm. We will be meeting at the Pittsburgh Project, as usual. The topic of this meeting will be Improv Piecing, led by Lauren.
Lauren's Improv workshop supply list:
We're going to keep this pretty simple since the most fun thing about improv piecing is that it should be about doing what you want and how you want to do it!
- Bring a selection of fabrics to choose from (scraps, fat quarters, yardage, old clothes, leftover quilt blocks, whatever). The amount you bring will determine the size of the finished piece. Try to bring a selection of values, but otherwise there are no rules. Don't over think it!
- Bring all the other supplies you need to sew with. For me, that means:
- Rotary cutter + mat
- Iron + travel ironing board
- Extension cords
- Piece of batting or felt to use as a design board
- An open mind
Other things that will happen at the June meeting include:
- June Fat Quarter Club disbursement
- Voting on 2015 fiscal years dues
- 2016 Quiltcon challenge discussion
- Mona is collecting 9" or 12" crazy quilt blocks made from the donated fabric that was given out at the retreat
- Sarah is collecting 12x18" blocks that are green/blue/grey for a charity quilt collaboration
- other fun stuff!
See you in June!