Join the Pittsburgh Modern Quilt Guild on Sunday, June 1, 2014, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Pittsburgh Project for our June Guild Meeting! We had an exciting May (including the amazing workshop) and are looking forward to continuing the momentum into the summer!
Lauren will be guiding the group through making a needlebook for those portable summer projects. Supplies are listed below.
Finished book is 5"x4” or 6"x4.25”
- Outer cover – 6x8.5” OR 6.5x9.25”: This can be one single piece of fabric or you can piece something ahead of time. Be creative!
- Lining fabric – 6x8.5” OR 6.5x9.25”: I would suggest just a single piece of fabric.
- Pocket fabric – 6x10” OR 6.5x10”: this will make a lined pocket
- Accent fabric – 2x6” OR 2x 6.5”: this covers the exposed seam from the pocket
- Batting scrap – 7x9.5” OR 8x10”
- Zipper – at least 8” long
- Your closure of choice:
- Hook and eye
- Button and thin elastic hair band or 3" long thin elastic
- Felt– 4.5x7.5” OR 5x8” (need 1 or 2 piece depending on your desire, these are the "pages" of your book)
- Materials for machine quilting – free motion foot or
- General sewing materials: machine, scissors, thread, iron/pressing board, pins, etc
- Hand sewing needle for closing opening + thread to match the exterior fabric
- Hemming gauge (optional, but useful if you can’t guestimate ¼”
- Rotary cutter, mat, and ruler walking foot, pins or spray baste, thread, etc.
GREAT ONLINE TUTORIALS